Thursday, February 21, 2008

In Pain Tonight

Every muscle in my body seems to be stressed out tonight and most of the day today. I am sore allover. My neck and back hurt so bad from being in bed all the time. I am getting very odd pains in the broken leg for the first time as well. Shooting pains down the front of my leg. I also got my first in cast muscle cramp. These are impossible to get rid of if you can't put weight on it to stretch it back out and can't move it because it is immobilized in a cast for a reason. I just put my hand as far in my cast as I could to rub it a bit. And stretched stretched stretched from my upper thigh as much as I could. Now I have taken my ambien and my vicodin that i take before I lull off into sleep but the pain and stiffness all over my body is really keeping me up. I think I really need to schedule a home massage for tomorrow. I have to work some of this tension out. I won't survive another few days like this.
The daily visits from family have kind of stopped now. I did see my sister and neice today though and that was really a highlight. My niece is almost 7 months old and is truly the light of my life. My sister has been an endless support and she brought over some groceries today. I have a full refridgerator again. But alas this means less of a reason for people to drop by and visit if I am not in need of food.
I am getting a lot done for my move now. I have been planning to move since 12/1/07 and had signed a lease long before my accident. Let's say this has made it a lot more complicated and stressful. I also wrote hte hotel a letter today trying t orequest some contact from them and compensation for my accident without having to hire a lawyer and all that stuff. I am going to talk a great deal about the hotel if i do not hear back from them in a timely manner. I will be sure to post full details for anyone who comes across this blog or searches the hotel properties name. I will put comments on every hotel website from orbitz to expedia to travelocity to hotels.com about the accident and how it was handled if I do not get the response that I am looking for.
I ordered my hello kitty backpack that i will be needing once I ama little more active on the stairs. I may attempt a drive this weekend to see how it works out. Just in my parking lot for starters and then maybe down the street to my sisters? Occasionally I would like to be able to pick up some drive through from Mcdonalds!!!
I need fresh air. Truth be told it is snowing here right now and I am glad to not have to go out in it and clean off the car and scrape the ice. Snow is much nicer when you just have to look at it and not deal with it.
Ok a tip for today I guess would be.... when you feel like you are not having much pain don't take it for granted. Enjoy it. Sleep as much as you can when you are comfortable. Because the pain will come and sometimes the medicine just doesn't take it away as quickly. TO me it's a reality now that I should not try to go without my pain medication just yet. I have really tried to not take it unless i was in pain as opposed of just taking it because it was time to. Its scary when you know how addictive they could become. But it seems to me that its a lot more scary right now to feel shooting pains down your leg that wake you up out of a dead sleep. Keep up with the meds. Don't "overdo" it, but seriously, don't "underdo" it either.
I have been sitting around for 2 weeks now watching a lot of tv and sleeping. I wish so much that my head was clearer and not on painkillers because i have been writing a book for a number of years and could really make some headway on it now while not working my regular job. I could also be catching up on the vintage dresses that I used to sell on Ebay that I still have a ton of to sell. I dunno. I haven't been very productive and I wish i could say that I have been. I can't pack for my move and I can't move furniture around. I am in pain when my leg is not elevated. I mean serious pain. I swell up within a half an hour of it being un-elevated. The pressure is uncomfortable. ANd it takes all night to get the swelling back down. I dunno. I need to get a ittle more motivated next week. Maybe accomplish something.

No comments: